Parasite Control

Home » All Products » Parasite Control » Vet-Kem® Paramite
  • Vet-Kem Paramite L.A. Insecticial Spray
Roll over to Zoom

Vet-Kem® Paramite



For cattle and swine use only. Controls horn flies, lice, sarcoptic mange, and ticks on cattle. Controls lice and sarcoptic mange on swine.

See full product label for more information.

Item #Product NamePresentation
100531083Vet-Kem® Paramite® Insecticidal Spray & Backrubber32 oz. bottle




Trusted by veterinarians as a parasite control brand-of-choice for over 30 years, Vet-Kem products are EPA-registered and can help protect your home and family from parasitic pests, including those that carry disease. As part of a complete protection program, products are color-coded for recognizable use on yard, in homes or for pet companions.

Liquid concentrate that when properly diluted can be used as a spray on cattle or swine, or in cattle backrubbers.


11.75% Phosmet

See product label for other ingredients.


Do not use or store near heat or open flame. Protect from temperatures below 20°F. Do not contaminate water, food, or feed by storage or disposal.

Pesticide Storage – Store in a cool, dry place. Always store pesticides in the original container. If a leaky container must be contained within another, mark the outer container to identify the contents. The storage areas must be dry, well-lit, and well-ventilated. Keep pesticide storage areas clean. Clean up spills promptly. Store pesticides away from food, pet food, feed, seeds, fertilizers, and veterinary supplies.
Pesticide Disposal – Pesticide wastes are acutely hazardous. Improper disposal of excess pesticide, spray mixture, or rinsate is a violation of Federal Law. If these wastes cannot be disposed of by use according to label instructions, contact your State Pesticide or Environmental Control Agency or the Hazardous Waste Representative at the nearest EPA Regional Office for guidance.
Container Handling – Nonrefillable container. Do not reuse or refill this container. Triple rinse as follows: Empty the remaining contents into application equipment or a mix tank and drain for 10 seconds after the flow begins to drip. Fill the container ¼ full with water and recap. Shake for 10 seconds. Pour rinse into application equipment or a mix tank or store rinsate for later use or disposal. Drain for 10 seconds after the flow begins to drip. Repeat this procedure two more times. Then offer for recycling or reconditioning, or puncture and dispose of in a sanitary landfill, or by other procedures approved by state and local authorities.

See product label for dilution rates and methods of administration. Stir thoroughly. Apply fresh mixture as a coarse spray, taking care to wet skin, not just hair. Do not apply to point of run-off. Do not allow spray to drift.

It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.


All PRN® Pharmacal products should be administered under the care and supervision of a veterinary professional to ensure the best possible results. See product label for additional warnings.

Wash hands before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco, or using the toilet. Remove clothing/PPE immediately if pesticide gets inside. Then wash thoroughly and put on clean clothing. Remove PPE immediately after handling this product. Wash the outside of gloves before removing. As soon as possible, wash thoroughly and change into clean clothing.

HAZARDS TO HUMANS AND DOMESTIC ANIMALS – WARNING: May be fatal if swallowed. Causes substantial but temporary eye injury. Harmful if absorbed through skin. Do not get in eyes or on clothing. Avoid contact with skin. Wear protective eyewear (goggles, face shield, or safety glasses), long-sleeved shirt, long pants, shoes and socks and chemical-resistant gloves (barrier laminate or viton, selection category G).

ENVIRONMENTAL HAZARDS: This pesticide is toxic to fish and aquatic invertebrates. Do not apply directly to water, or to areas where surface water is present, or to intertidal areas below the mean high water mark. Do not contaminate water by cleaning of equipment or disposal of equipment wash waters or rinsate. Drift and runoff from treated areas may be hazardous to aquatic organisms in neighboring areas. This chemical can contaminate surface water. Under some conditions, it may have a high potential for runoff into surface water after application. These include poorly draining or wet soils with readily visible slopes toward adjacent surface waters, frequently flooded areas, areas overlying extremely shallow groundwater, areas with in-field canals or ditches that drain to surface water, areas not separated from adjacent surface waters with vegetated filter strips, and areas overlying tile drainage systems that drain to surface water. Do not allow spray to drift from the application site and contact people, structures people occupy at any time and the associated property, parks and recreation areas, nontarget crops, aquatic and wetland areas, woodlands, pastures, rangelands, or animals. This product is highly toxic to bees exposed directly to residues. Do not apply this product or allow it to drift to blooming crops or weeds if bees are visiting the treatment area. Protective information may be obtained from your cooperative Agricultural Extension Service.


If swallowed, immediately call a poison control center or doctor. Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by a poison control center or doctor. Do not give ANY liquid to the person. Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. If in eyes, hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eyes. If on skin or clothing, take off contaminated clothing. Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes. Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice. Have the product container or label with you when calling a poison control center or doctor, or going for treatment.

NOTE TO PHYSICIAN/VETERINARIAN: Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage. Vet-Kem® Paramite® Insecticidal Spray And Backrubber is an organophosphate insecticide and a cholinesterase inhibitor. If signs of cholinesterase inhibition are present, atropine is antidotal. 2-PAM is also antidotal and may be administered in conjunction with atropine. If ingested, do not induce vomiting. May present aspiration hazard. Usual symptoms of organophosphate poisoning in humans include: headache, blurred vision, weakness, nausea, discomfort in the chest, vomiting, abdominal cramps, diarrhea, salivation, sweating, and pin-point pupils. Usual symptoms of poisoning in animals include: salivation, labored breathing, gastrointestinal disturbance, tremors, staggering, and pin-point pupils.

EPA Reg. No. 2724-262-92895

Show More